Wednesday 25 September 2013

Raila Odinga Statement on Ending of the Westgate Siege


Fellow Kenyans, following the announcement of the conclusion of the Westgate Siege, I wish to join you in mourning the innocent souls we lost to this senseless act of violence.

 

I offer my profound condolences to the bereaved families. May you find comfort in the unprecedented goodwill and unity shown by Kenyans in the face of this tragedy. To the injured, I pray for your quick and full recovery.
 

I urge the Kenyan nation to stand firm in the face of adversity. I assure those who thought that they would break the Kenyan spirit, that not only have they failed but they have succeeded in reinforcing our resolve to achieve the Kenyan dream.
 

I assure the Government of our full support, as the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy, as we seek to ensure that this never happens again.
 

I acknowledge the efforts of our security services in mitigating the loss of life and property these past three days. We shall support them moving forward as we seek to build capacity to respond to such threats in future.
 

At this time, I would like to commend the sacrifice of our brave troops putting their lives on the line on a daily basis in the harsh war front in Somalia so that our way of life is protected here at home. Your sacrifice is a shining example to the rest of us on what it truly means to be Kenyan.
 

God bless you, God bless Kenya! 

Rt. Hon. Raila A. Odinga

No comments:

Post a Comment