JOINT NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE /PARLIAMENTARY GROUP MEETING HELD ON 5TH OCTOBER 2012
This joint meeting of the ODM National Executive Committee/Parliamentary Group held today Friday 05/10/2012 at The Great Rift Valley Lodges under the Chairmanship of the Party Leader and Prime Minister of the Republic of Kenya the Rt. Hon. Raila Amolo Odinga having deliberated on a number of issues resolves as follows:
- That this is Kenya’s Moment. The moment for Kenyans to stand with ODM, which is committed to forming the next Government and carrying on the reform agenda, as their Party of choice!
- That the Party reiterates its commitment to the full implementation of the Constitution, Accountable Governance, and the realization of democratic ideals in Kenya.
- The Party commits to the rule of law and observance of the critical timelines as set out by the Election and Political Parties Law, IEBC and the Party’s Elections and Nomination Rules.
- The Party commits to building partnership and coalitions with like-minded political parties and non- state actors as it seeks to form the next government. In response to current realities of devolved structure of governance, the Party will put in place appropriate institutional arrangements and mechanisms to facilitate consultations on Coalition formation and Partnerships.
- That the ODM Party’s recently restructured National Elections Board (NEB) has been mandated and facilitated to ensure effective free and fair nominations in ODM and in the impending Party Primaries. In this regard all aspirant for the Party ticket for various electoral positions will meet in Nairobi on 10th October 2012 for consultations, induction and engagement in Party campaigns. Aspirants for County Representatives will, however, be met in their respective Counties at a later date.
- ODM believes that Kenya is “One Nation, One People” to the end, ODM Party condemns any incidences of insecurity, acts of terrorism or violence targeting innocent Kenyans as witnessed recently. The Party sends condolences to the families of victims of the St. Polycarp Church and in the attacks in Mtwapa involving our MP and Cabinet Minister.
- That in keeping with the spirit and letter of the Constitution, Security Officers should serve all Kenyans impartially at all times.
- That the National Delegates Convention (NDC) shall be held on 29th and 30th November 2012.
- This joint NEC/PG meeting resolves that the National Delegates Convention (NDC) nominates the Hon. Raila Amolo Odinga as the party’s presidential candidate.
- The Party PRIMARIES will be done on 4th, 5th and 6th December 2012.
Hon. Prof. Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o